Starikova Ekaterina Aleksandrovna, Postgraduate student, Mari State University (1 Lenin square, Yoshkar-Ola, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Voskresenskaya Ol'ga Leonidovna, Doctor of biological sciences, professor, head of the sub-department of ecology, Director of the Institute of Natural Sciences and Pharmacy, Mari State University (1 Lenin square, Yoshkar-Ola, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The main share in the landscaping of the city of Yoshkar-Ola is made up of such deciduous woody and shrub plantings such as Betula pendula Roth., Tilia cordata Mill., Syringa vulgaris L., Acer negundo L., Populus pyramidalis Salisb., etc. Coniferous plants are not so usually used as often as deciduous plants in landscaping urban areas. However, most of them belong to the group of evergreens and play the role of green spaces all year round. In score of the high sensitivity to gaseous pollutants in cities, the problem arises using of it in urban landscaping. But such species of introduced conifers as Picea pungens Engelm., Thuja occidentalis L., Juniperus sabina L. are notable for their significant resistance to technogenic pollution.
Materials and methods. The studies were conducted during 2018 in three different zones of Yoshkar-Ola which differ with degrees of anthropogenic load (recreational, residential, industrial). The objects of the study were Picea pungens Engelm., Thuja occidentalis L., Juniperus sabina L. The content of photosynthetic pigments (chlorophyll a and b, carotenoids) was studied in the needles of the second year of life in seasonal dynamics (May, July, October, December).
Results. The study found that with an increasing of anthropogenic load, the quantitative content of photosynthetic pigments decreased in the needles of introduced plant species. Needle Picea pungens Engelm. was characterized by the highest content of the studied types of pigments.
Conclusions. The obtained data expand the idea of the pigment composition of conifers growing in urban environment. The quantitative content of photosynthetic pigments depends on the species, season of the year and place were, it grows.
1. Nikolaevskiy V. S. Biologicheskie osnovy gazoustoychivosti rasteniy [Biological basis of plants’ gas resistance]. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1979, 280 p. [In Russian]
2. Rusak S. N., Varlam I. I., Kravchenko I. V., Kazartseva K. V. Problemy regional'noy ekologii [Issues of regional ecology]. 2018, no. 3, pp. 6–11. [In Russian]
3. Voskresenskaya O. L., Sarbaeva E. V. Ekologo-fiziologicheskie adaptatsii tui zapadnoy (Thuja occidentalis L.) v gorodskikh usloviyakh: monografiya [Ecological and physiological adaptations of thuja western (Thuja occidentalis L.) in urban conditions: monograph]. Yoshkar-Ola: MarGU, 2006, 130 p. [In Russian]
4. Starikova E. A., Voskresenskaya O. L., Sarbaeva E. V. Mezhdunarodnyy nauchnoissledovatel'skiy zhurnal [Internationa scientific and research journal]. 2016, no. 10 (52), part 4, pp. 46–48. [In Russian]
5. Bukharina I. L., Vedernikov K. E., Kamasheva A. A., Alekseenko A. S., Pashkov E. V. Advances in Environmental Biology. 2014, no. 8 (13), pp. 367–371.
6. Golovko T. K., Dymova O. V., Yatsko Ya. N. Vestnik Instituta biologii Komi NTs UrO RAN [Bulletin of Institute of Biology of Komi Science Centre of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences]. 2011, no. 1-2, pp. 22–27. [In Russian]
7. Gavrilenko V. F., Ladygina M. E., Khandobina L. M. Bol'shoy praktikum po fiziologii rasteniy. Fotosintez. Dykhanie [Big practical work on plant physiology. Photosynthesis. Breath]. Moscow: Vyssh. shk., 1975, 392 p. [In Russian]
8. Titova M. S. Fundamental'nye issledovaniya [Fundamental researches]. 2013, no. 11, pp. 128–132. [In Russian]
9. Voskresenskaya O. L., Voskresenskiy V. S., Sarbaeva E. V., Yagdarova O. A. Vestnik Udmurtskogo universiteta. Biologiya. Nauki o zemle [Bulletin of Udmurt University. Biology. Earth Science]. 2014, no. 3, pp. 39–45. [In Russian]
10. Informatsionnyy otchet «Provedenie monitoringa sostoyaniya atmosfernogo vozdukha na territorii gorodskogo okruga “Gorod Yoshkar-Ola” za 2018 god» [Information report “Conducting monitoring of the state of atmospheric air in the territory of the urban district “Yoshkar-Ola City” for 2018”]. Yoshkar-Ola, 2018, 46 p. [In Russian]
11. Maslova T. G., Mamushina N. S., Sherstneva O. A., Bubolo L. S., Zubkova E. K. Fiziologiya rasteniy [Plant physiology]. 2009, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 672–681. [In Russian]
12. Tishkina E. A., Semkina L. A. Nauchnye vedomosti. Ser.: Estestvennye nauki [Scientific bulletin. Series: Natural sciences]. 2015, no. 21 (218), iss. 33, pp. 47–51. [In Russian]
13. Tuzhilkina V. V., Ladanova N. V., Plyusnina S. N. Ekologiya [Ecology]. 1998, no. 2, pp. 89–93. [In Russian]
14. Chupakhina G. N., Maslennikov P. V., Skrypnik L. N., Besserezhnova M. I. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Biologiya [Bulletin of Tomsk State University. Biology]. 2012, no. 2 (18), pp. 171–185. [In Russian]